Applying for a Library Card
- All Ohio residents are eligible to get a Library card.
- There is no age requirement to become a Library cardholder.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have an accompanying adult sign the library card application taking responsibility for the account in order to receive a library card. The adult must have a valid photo ID and proof of current address (if different from ID). Youth Library Card Application
- Individuals ages 18 years old or older must have a valid photo ID and proof of current address (if different from ID) to apply for a library card. Adult Library Card Application
For information on acceptable forms of identification contact the Circulation Department: 330-296-2827 x.400
- Request, borrow and return materials to any public library in Portage County.
- Access your library account online 24/7.
- Place holds for materials online 24/7.
- Sign up to receive emails of upcoming library programs.
- Place holds and view materials recently purchased by Reed Memorial Library.
- Download free e-books and audiobooks from our online digital library.
- Have your checkout history saved for your future reference.
- Request to receive notifications by phone, email or text messages (cell phone provider fees may apply).
- Materials are renewable two times if there are no holds on them for another patron and your account is in good standing.
- New DVDs checkout for : 7 days
- All other materials checkout for: 14 days
- Renew: online, in person, or by phone 24/7 at (330) 296-5870.
- Vacation loans, teacher cards and institution cards are available.
- You are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
- Fines for overdue items:
--Adults and Youth: $.10/day per item
--Senior Citizens (60+), Americans with Disabilities (ADA), Outreach patrons, Teachers and Institutions are exempt from $.10/day fines. All other fees apply.
Loan periods and fines vary on items not owned by Reed Memorial Library
Click Here for our complete circulation policy.
Click Here to lean about SearchOhio and OhioLINK