Services Provided by Reed Memorial Library Children’s Department
Teacher Loan Card Policy
- Teachers must present a letter from your employer on their letterhead stating you are a teacher of a school OR
- If you are homeschooling, provide a copy of a receipt for the curriculum you have purchased and a letter for approval from the school district in which you live (on their letterhead).
- Have a regular library card, in good standing, at any Portage County Library.
- Limit of 75 items checked out at one time
- 6 weeks (non-renewable)
- Teacher is responsible for all items checked out.
- Reed Memorial, Kent Free, and Portage County Library items are exempt from daily fines. If items are requested in from SearchOhio and OhioLink, the owning library’s loan periods and fines do apply.
- Additional fee of $.55 is assessed when you receive a mailing for items 2 weeks past due date.
- Accounts with long overdue materials will be sent to a Collection Agency
- New Children’s, Teen, and Adult items (has “NEW” label), Holiday labeled picture books are NOT allowed on teacher card
- Items for personal use, cake pans, DVD/VHS are NOT allowed on teacher card